EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM CodeRED
Seconds Count In An Emergency!
The Cities of Pevely, Herculaneum and Festus has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System – an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the City in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as severe weather alerts, tornado warnings, a missing child or other high-priority notifications).
The system is capable of dialing 50,000 phone numbers per hour. It then delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number. The calls will be coming from
the above listed phone numbers. You may also call back this number if you missed the call.
DO NOT CALL 911 unless you have an emergency.
THIS SYSTEM WILL ONLY BE USED FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES OR OTHER ISSUES THAT EFFECT QUALITY OF LIFE.
Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized:
- Severe weather & Tornado warnings
- Amber Alert
- Water Boil Orders
- Evacuation notice & route
- Fires or Floods
- Bomb threat
- Chemical spill or Gas leak
- Other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.
Know of someone without internet access? Want to opt-out? Please stop by the Police Department to sign up or sign a Do Not Call form. You may also call Jason at 636.475.5301.
- Please add the following numbers to your phone as these will be the phone numbers calling you:866-419-5000 or Emergency Comm for Emergency Notifications
855-969-4636 or ECN Community for General Notifications
800-566-9780 or Emergency Comm for CodeRED Weather Warning Alerts
- Emergency Communications Network that runs the CodeRED Weather Warning Alerts takes the National Weather Service weather warning and re-defines the area that needs to be notified. If your address is not in this re-defined area you will not reveive a phone call.
- The Weather Warning Alerts are automated. The Dispatchers and Law Enforcement Officers have no control of these calls.